Saturday, May 17, 2008

Three Mistakes of my life

Hey.. don’t get mislead by the title I have chosen for this blog. I am not going to disclose any of my mistakes here. But it is the title of the latest book written by Chetan Bhagat. Just reading this book has provoked my fingers to write little bit about it. Please don’t take this blog as a “Book Review”.

It is third back to back hit by Chetan. He has discovered a bold-writing skill right from his first book. And in this book he has just intensified his skill. I would like to pronounce him as a “new generation writer”.

What to say about this book (Three Mistakes of my Life)? It is just amazing…!! The most fascinating thing about it is the way Chetan has provided a package of great human feelings to readers. It contains all shades like, humor, emotions, love, passion, innocence, spirituality, anger, violence and the list goes on.

This book is all about three friends (Govind, Ish, Omi) and three professions (Business, Sports, Religion). They possess a real passion for their specific profession and at the same time they give an equal value to their friendship also.

The story of these friends is closely related with the Indian society. They belong to Gujrat, India. They face the fight between communisms and secularism and how politicians mix-up the religion with the politics for their personal interests? They directly get affected by two major tragedies which occurred in Gujrat in the near past. How they fight with these critical situations will pull the readers’ interest in the book.

Besides with this serious aspect of the story, there are lots of things to learn. First, you can learn from the three mistakes which Govind did. Second, you can learn some best general purpose business practices witch Govind practices. And last but not the least; Ish has some good batting and bowling tips for you.

There is one more dimension of the story in this book which any reader can easily notice. That is you will feel like watching a typical bollywood movie. Good start which is full of suspense. Thereafter full story goes in a flash back. Then it creates the curiosity for reader till the end to know about the mistakes which hero did. All kinds of twists come throughout the story. Actions, drama, tragedy, romance, dialogs and every thing you want for a good typical bollywood movie. And you will really admire the way climax of this story has been drafted. I will not be surprised if some bollywood director chooses this story to make a movie as there is a big shortage of good stories in bollywood. And if I was a movie director, I would have done the same instantly after reading it.

Although as per Chetan this is a real story, but still I have a doubt about its reality. Few points in this book which really strengthen my doubt are; 1. The way Govind approaches Chetan(through e-mail), then how Chetan approaches Govind, 2. The Australian and Goa tours of these three friends and 3. The climax of their story. Well, it is my personal observation. Rest, if you will read this book do observe it or if you have read then think about it.

At last I would say that this is an interesting and fantastic book. It is more than worth paying for it. With these words I will sign out here.

3 comments:

Sarve Preet Singh said...

dey say dat reading is a wndrfl habit... gud dat u've got in2 it... continue reading...
shabaash

Who M I said...

hey!!
i guess its a typical hindi movie story with lots of masala ppl want..:)
nice blog anyways...

Manu Arora said...

Hey Arshad

I agree that it is total fake but still I enjoyed reading. I read book in one night :). I would say its worth buying that book.